In your English lessons, you have learnt how to create interesting characters using the technique "Show vs Tell". You have also learnt that words may have the same theme, for example: piqued, irritated, irate, livid, etc., but they have different grades of meaning.
Using what you have learnt about writing thus far, choose two out of three of the following scenarios and write one paragraph each. In your writing, you must SHOW the emotions stated in the brackets.
Scenario 1 (Fear)
It was late at night and you were entering the lift. A man walked in swiftly after you. He smiled at you, a somewhat sinister look in his eyes before turning to block the only exit. You remembered that some residents in the neighbourhood had been robbed recently and the culprit was still at large. As the lift door closed, the man reached inside his pockets…
Scenario 2 (Fear/Anger)
You were hiking with your best friend when you came across a dilapidated hut. You had passed by this hut many times and it had been abandoned for years. However, today, there seemed to be activity inside and you could hear intermittent cries coming from inside the hut.
Scenario 3 (Anger)
You returned from recess and found that your new Nike bag had a pen mark. You were given this bag as a reward for doing well for PSLE. As you reached into your bag to look for tissue paper, your hands felt something slimy. Someone had cracked two eggs in your bag and your books were ruined. Just as you were about to run off to find your form teacher, your best friend informed you that your pencil case had been found in the dustbin, cut to shreds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i am just testing.
ReplyDeletesecond testing
ReplyDeleteScenario 1
ReplyDeleteIt was late at night. Only the rustling of the leaves could be heard. As i approached the lift, a large shadow loomed behind me. I turned my head, only to find myself coming face to face with a blubbery man almost twice my height. The elevator reached the ground floor. The man and I entered the lift. As the door closed, I pressed the fourteenth storey button. It suddenly came to me that the man looked just like the robber reported on the news. Moreover, the robber was still at large. My heart skipped a beat and my face turned pale. The man turned around to face me with his murderous smile. I knew i was done for...
Scenario 2
ReplyDeleteMy best friend and i planned to hike that day. As we passed the dilapidated hut, we heard strange noises coming from it. The hut was isolated and so we wondered where those noises came from. We had passed that hut several times before, and we had never heard such spooky cries from the inside. Abandoned for years, no one ever entered it so with all courage, we decided to enter it to check what was happening inside. As we opened the door, suddenly, we heard a baby crying. We looked around but there was no sign of baby at all. The crying continued and this time coupled by the laughing of a woman. Our hearts started to beat faster than they were before. We exchanged petrified looks. My friend's face was as white as a snow. All of a sudden, the strange noises faded. Everything became quiet. We took to our heels and ran as fast as our legs could carry us right towards the door and out of the house.
i couldn`t post it poperly,sorry.
ReplyDeleteScenario 1
I was comming back from my tution which was nearby and it was already
10pm.I entered the lift and press the floor i was in.Then,i pressed the
close button,the door was about to close when a man hurried in.He smiled
at me with a somewhta sinister look in his eyes before turning to block
the exit.It might have been my imagination as i was afraid of the dark
and he might have block the exit as the level his pressed was five and
i live on the eighth floor.It was then i remembered that some residents
in the neighbourhood has been robbed recently and the bad news is that
the culprit was still at large!As the lift motor started,he reached
inside his pocket.I gulped and thought "I`m done for!"
Scenario 2
ReplyDelete"Ring!!!"the school bell rung to signal that recess had ended.I walked
back to find that my brand new Nike bag had a pen mark.I was given this
bag as a reward by my parents for doing well for PSLE.As i reached into
my bag to look for tissue paper,i felt something sticky and slimy.I took
out my hand to see what it was i found a orange-yellow substance dripping
from my hand!It smelled like eggs!I looked into my bad immediately and
found my books ruine.I was about to run off to find my form teacher,my
best friend who was with me the whole time told me she found my pencil
case in the dustbin when she was throwing the tissue paper that she gave
me.She also told me that my pencil case had been cut into sherds!I was
furious and my minds was immediately filled with thoughts of finding out
the culprit and getting the person to be punished."This is too much",i
thought furiously"first my bag,then my books were destroyed and now,my
pencil case is in the dustbin cut to sherds!"I stormed off to the staff
room to find my form teacher to inform her about this.